Are you looking for a Coach or Counsellor who…
- Is easy to get along with, and can quickly form a trusting relationship with,
- Makes you feel calm and more in control,
- Empowers you to understand your inner self so you can create a calmer and happier life,
- You can book an appointment within the week – in person or online, and
- Is determined to remain at the forefront of credibility and integrity within the industry.
I am a Canberra-based counsellor & life coach whose specialties are relationships and anxiety.
By providing people with strategies that work, I enable people to overcome anxiety, rebuild self-confidence and restore their relationships and daily happiness. As a certified professional, I’ve been helping people in the Canberra region for over ten years, and more recently those elsewhere via phone and online.
As an anxiety specialist, I love nothing more than to make people feel relaxed and back in control of life. When you feel on top of the world, this flows onto others around you, creating a happier environment for everyone.
A bit more about me…
- I’m a sucker for a good scientific paper and specialise in translating the latest research into practical, easy-to-understand tools for anyone to use. If you are looking for coping strategies, I can provide the keys to unlocking any shackles that might be holding you back from living the life you desire.
- My clients are reassured by my dedication to delivering unique patient solutions. I’m down-to-earth and know that success in life is often supported by those who love us most.
- As a mother, animal lover and wife of 30 years, I understand the importance of self-growth within strong, loving, steady, and reliable relationships. They are the foundations that allow us the freedom to move forward with our lives in confidence.
- Unlike other therapists, I work alongside medical practitioners such as GPs and psychologists to give you a holistic approach to your mental health journey. I offer you non-judgmental support, whatever your life’s path, to get you where you want to be.
- I have experienced the pain of depression and lived through many years of anxiety and fear to get where I am now. I understand exactly what it’s like to suffer anxiety and depression and have probably felt similar feelings to those that have brought you here today. Therefore I am so passionate and driven to help others going through what I have experienced so they can come out the other side happier, calmer and healthier.
Let’s Work Together
We all experience tough times in life, which makes us all human. If you have been experiencing anxiety or depression, are having relationship issues or have a family member going through it, please get in touch. We will work together to bring clarity and get you back to living a life you love.
I want to help you thrive in all aspects of life. Meaning that I want you to have at your fingertips strategies and techniques that are guaranteed to make life simpler, calmer and clearer. With clarity and greater self-awareness comes the ability to trust in yourself. This enables you to make constructive changes that lead to a satisfying, joyful and meaningful life.
Here’s what I aim to do for you.
- Remove stress around whatever difficulty you are facing
- Provide self-awareness and understanding of why problems arose in your life
- Support you to understand yourself more fully
- Assist you in developing unique solutions tailored specifically to your lifestyle
- Enable you to create habits and thinking patterns that will assist you in building the life you deserve
Q & A
How many years of counselling and coaching experience do you have?
Why did you choose to be a counsellor and life coach?
Since I can remember, I’ve always wanted to help people and make them smile. People have been drawn to me and always seem to tell me things they never thought they would. I love being able to make a positive difference in people’s lives.
What are your three biggest strengths?
Resilience – I can get back up again, even when the knockdown seems insurmountable.
Heart-Centred – a kind, strong woman with heart.
Curious – constantly learning and wanting to know how things work.
What are your three most significant weaknesses?
Boats – I can’t get on them as I get horribly seasick, even sitting at the dock.
Beach – I can’t resist walking on them with my family and dogs.
Animals – I currently own nine feathered and furry pets. My favourite is my dog Ripley who survived a hit and run at nine months old. She’s now five and will sit on clients’ laps whenever they let her.
What is the most satisfying and fulfilling part of the work you do?
Meeting interesting humans and helping them live calmer, with more joy and fulfilment. This makes me feel like I’m being true to myself and allows me to make a difference in the world.
"Before I met Toni-Maree my Anxiety controlled every aspect of my life. Through constant sessions where I was made to feel comfortable and heard I made the change that was needed. My whole mindset has changed and it has influenced so many new and positive things within my life including my relationships with other people! I never thought I could feel better through counselling… now I know how much more life has to offer and it's all thanks to this special lady!"
“I've been seeing Toni-Maree on and off as required for the past couple of years for relationship, personal development and work-related issues. I have a very good expectation of how she will work, including pushing me. She handles anything I throw at her professionally and supportively.
Making contact with Toni-Maree was really easy and she did a very comprehensive phone appointment before meeting with me in person; this made me feel like she wanted to ensure she was the right fit for me as a client.
As much as I hate this, (and also appreciate it), Toni-Maree will call me out if she feels I'm not being honest with myself, or am dancing around something that I find difficult to discuss. She will robustly discuss sensitive topics to ensure they're looked at with objective eyes, which in-turn has significantly reduced sensitivities around the topic making them much more easy to comprehend and deal with.
Toni-Maree has helped me to get through some difficult, stressful and anxious scenarios and become a much better person for it.
I strongly recommend Toni-Maree as both a personal Counsellor and a great life coach."
“Toni-Maree is great at what she does as a counsellor and she really cares about her clients. She has helped me get through one of the hardest times of my life."
A.D. in Canberra
“Toni-Maree listened to what was going on in my life, from my relationship breakdown to my employment issues. I told her exactly what I wanted to achieve and we went from there. Toni-Maree will call BullSh*t if she feels it’s not what you need at the time, or you start reverting to old thought patterns. As a result of therapy with Toni-Maree, I have additional tools (like NLP techniques) to pull out whenever I feel anxious or like everything’s getting on top of me again. I highly recommend Toni-Maree to anyone needing counselling support as I felt heard and understood, as she helped me to get my marriage, career and life back on track."
“Toni-Maree helped to give me clarity during a time where I was feeling lost and seeking answers. Her gentle approach, warmth and kindness helped me to feel at ease as she worked and gave me insight into areas of my life I was struggling with. Her intuition and knowledge is second to none and I was so impressed with her accuracy and professionalism as an anxiety specialist life coach."
Catharine Jean Ross – owner at Break Free with EFT.
“Before I met Toni-Maree my Anxiety controlled every aspect of my life. Through constant sessions where I was made to feel comfortable and heard I made the change that was needed. My whole mindset has changed and it has influenced so many new and positive things within my life including my relationships with other people! I never thought I could feel better through counselling... now I know how much more life has to offer and it's all thanks to this special lady!"
“I’ve been seeing Toni-Maree for about 5 weeks now. She has helped me really change my life for the better, from the first day I met T-M she made me feel very relaxed & comfortable in her office. Shes firm & honest without being over bearing or intimidating. I look forward to our counselling sessions together and would encourage everyone to meet her, especially if you are experiencing relationship issues."
“Working with Toni-Maree as a life coach has helped me to pinpoint the underlying reasons for my stress and frustrations. My sessions have opened my eyes to my potential as a person, and made me remember who I really am and what I really stand for. Toni-Maree has helped me to understand why I do the things I do and react in the ways that I do, and to change the beliefs that guide my actions. As a result, my stress levels are down, my confidence is up and I am able to focus more on the positives in my life. This change has not only affected me for the better, but my relationships with my husband and children have also benefited from a happier more calm wife and mother."
“I first came across Toni-Maree by accident. I was feeling very low and I found her in a magazine. I thought, well I could give her a ring. I rang and she answered immediately but was somewhat stunned. Her phone had been broken for the best part of a week and she had just that moment put her sim card in her daughter’s phone to see if she had any messages – and there I was. Since then, Toni-Maree has been a major player in my life. Her supportive counselling skills have helped me move from a place of darkness to retiring with the courage to enjoy my life as it should be, not as others want it to be. Since I made this decision to work with Toni-Maree, the world had opened up for me and I am no longer anxious. The low feelings have dissipated and I feel better than ever."
“Toni-Maree is a very professional and personable holistic life coach who’s had a positive and extremely productive influence on a family member. She has helped her to retrain her objectives and focus and I would absolutely recommend Toni-Maree as a life coach and mentor."
“I’ve been working with Toni-Maree as a life coach. Toni- Maree has the fabulous intuitive ability to tap in and connect quickly PLUS untangled my turmoil and anxiety in a holistic and beautiful manner. I will be back for more. Do not hesitate. This lady is spot on and you’ll connect on the same wavelength. In gratitude."
Allison Roe – Solopreneur